2/10/17

Giant Crochet Butterfly

This winter in Europe is extremely cold and seems very long for me. And because this cold affects air quality, we are suffering with the worst winter pollution ever. So, me and the baby are closed to our home. We spend the days with playing and I try to work while she naps. I set up a schedule which helps me stay organized and productive. I think it is working.

During the past weeks I finished a bigger crochet project. I haven't crocheted from a while and really enjoyed that I actually could complete something big just in a few hours. I made a giant butterfly for my baby. 
In these days she is interested in blocks and everyday objects, like my mobile phone or slippers. This toy is in her bed, sometimes after the daytime nap I find her awake playing with it.
I have already knitted a bunny for her which took longer to get ready with. My daughter doesn't play with it too much. Maybe it is too big in her little palms.  I hope she will enjoy it later.
I haven't followed any pattern, it just came out of my mind. Babies enjoy exploring different textures with their little palms, so I tried to turn this enough interesting. I used simple and double crochet stitches, altered the colors freely, I fastened the flower, the eyes and the antenna very carefuly to be baby safe. 

I have completed a hat too. Sorry, I keep it in secret for a while, because at first I would like to get tested and then publish it. A few details so far: it is stranded colorwork and for babies.

Linking this post to: 
Yarn Along @ Small Things

3 comments:

  1. It's a very cute butterfly! Maybe it's now to big and heavy for Palma, but after a while she will enjoy it to play with. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute and colorful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a Butterfly, never hide your wings. Keep inspiring with your cute hannicraft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top