11/22/16

Idun for Baby {Finished!}

I find dressing my baby enjoyable and frustrating at the same time. It is not the easiest task especially in cold weather. She is spending her days playing on the play mat, so lately, knitted vests and dresses are the most practical garmets in my daighter's wardrobe. 
I have completed the Idun dress I showed you a few weeks before. I really loved working on this project and also love the result. It keeps warm Palma and I receive lot of compliments. I used Drops Baby Merino yarn, which is easy to knit with and ideal for baby garmets. This yarn is sold also on a reasonable price, so I will be less sad when she grows out the dress, The contrasting yarn is a one-stranded, hand spunned and hand dyed leftover I used for a previous project. 
The pattern is well-written, the isntructions are easy to follow. I followed the smallest size, it turned out a 74/80 (6-12 mo) sized dress. I haven't been with the i-cord cast-on and cast-off, so I started the dress with a provisional cast-on and let the neckline opened to decide the edging later. Anyway, after completing the arms with the i-cord cast-off convinced me that the method actually works, so I returned to the neck and casted off that way. 
  
You might remember this vest I have made for her while expecting. It still fits! I was afraid that she would grow out before the colder weather. I think this dress is also big enough and she can wear it through months.

I am sharing this post on: 



3 comments:

  1. It's an adorable dress and it looks so beautiful on Palma! It seems like it wears very comfortable for her and it looks great on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is very cute and the dress you made is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top