5.14.2013

Crochet Frog Applique {pattern}

Crochet Frog Applique free pattern
Add caption

A few months ago my cousin sent me a picture from a pair of baby shoes with frog applique, that she wanted for Lili. I made a quick google search for a pattern, but didn't find any. So I tried to figure out how to crochet the applique.
I must confess, that the shoes are still not ready, because the first try turned out too small for Lili's feet. And now as she is learning to walk, she needs for professional shoes. So I will use these frogs later for another project. If you have any tip what should I make with them, share with me!


Materials: 
- a few yards of DK weight yarn (or any weight by your choice) in green, white and red

Tools & notions:
- G / 4.00 mm hook
- safety eyes
- needles

Instructions

The Head
Chain 4.
R1 Ch2, make 1hdc in the 3rd st from the hook. Hdc 1 in next 3 sts. In last (corner) st make 4 hdc's. On the back side of the beginning ch-4 make 1 hdc in next 3 sts, make 2 sts in last st. Join to the top of the beg ch2 with a sl st.
R2 Ch2, make 1 hdc in same place. 1hdc in next 3 sts, 2hdc in next 3 sts, 1hdc in next 3 sts, 2hdc in next 2 sts. Join to the top of the beg ch2 with a sl st.
R3 Ch1. In next st make: 1sc, 2hdc, 1sc. Sl st in next 2 sts. Next st make: 1sc, 2hdc, 1sc. Sl st around to the first st.

Eyes
Magic ring. Ch3 and make 11 dc's in the ring. Join with a sl st to the top of the beg ch-3.

Finishing
Emroider the mouth with red yarn. Sew on the eyes placing the safety eyes into the middle of the white circles.

Happy crocheting!

Sharing on my favourite linky parties:

Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Mop the Floor  More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home  Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac  Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative  Make Something Mondays @ Sarahndipities ♥ Topsy Turvy Tuesdays @ I am Topsy Turvy ♥ Share it Linky Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles  Hooking on Hump Day @ My Merry Messy Life ♥ Off The Hook @ Daisy Cottage Designs   Wow Us Wendesdays @ Savvy Southern Style  Somewhat Simple @ Somewhat Simply ♥ Friday Flair Linky Party @ Whipperberry  I love Fridays Linky Party @ Petals to Picots  ♥  Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest ♥ The Crochet Boulevard @ The Crochet Boulevard ♥  Link your stuff  @ Annemarie's Crochet Blog ♥  Nifty Thrifty Sundays @ Nifty Thrifty ♥ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ♥  Craft Schooling Sunday @Creative Jewish Mum  ♥ DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff  ♥ Colorful @ The Crochet Boulevard


16 comments:

  1. How cute! What about adding a clip to the back to put in Lili's hair? Or on a headband? Or a pin for her sweater? Or what about on a fun purse? Or on a hat? They could go anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute appliqué!:) You may use them in accessories like hairband or hair clips( frog princess) not sure what's the finished size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darn cute, Hanni!!!
    xxxxx thank you, Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are soooo cute!! My daughter has just been learning to crochet. I think we are going to have to try these out this summer. Thank you for sharing. Our Simply Create Link party is going on right now. I would love to have you link up, as I'm sure my followers would love to see what you created too. Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Hanni! I will pin them for future reference...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! They would look so cute on a pair of baby booties! I must remember this pattern when I next make some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo soy negada para esto... pero me encantan!!
    Que graciosas!!!
    Besin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Projects like these make me want to learn crochet so much! Thanks for sharing.
    Kids have cute little clothing - how about putting them on dress pockets?

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are adorable, think I will put them on caps. I always have trouble thinking of things to decorate the caps I donate for boys.

    Do you remember what size safety eyes you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am happy you like tem :)
      I used 6 mm circumfence safety eyes.

      Delete
  11. Love this site and Im a frog lover so Thanks hes so cute & Im putting some on barrettes also

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute, it can also be a nice keychain

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these. So very much, thanks for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...